Sunday, October 6, 2013

Don't Destroy Me

July 24, 2013

In a plaintive little boy voice, he pleads with me, "Don't destroy me."

There is a tug inside where I feel his influence most- but not only there.

But you don't belong here. You shouldn't be here.

"I'm just a part of you. I'm the part that holds your pain."

That's a lie. My pain doesn't need holding. It needs letting go, and has for a long time. You've had tentacles so intertwined with my little self, that you might have come close to convincing me that your interests are the same. But as I grow, he becomes me.

I made you, then i got to know you all too well- in a sense. The process is not complete until we say goodbye. I have no use for a pain body. For me to actively know you is to fuel this grotesque, unfortunate and time-stealing charade.

No comments:

Post a Comment