Sunday, October 6, 2013

Autumn Day Song

October 3, 2013

I actually heard and saw the music in this brilliant autumn day. I remembered the fall afternoons in Ohio. Only those lonely football days spent watching the trees, and three or four fall days with best friends have ever made homes in my heart like this magical day. Today, I gave three presentations, all fair to good, all to applause. I didn't back down from any major challenges, or once lose faith. I saw the trees blowing in the wind in/and/of my coming and going. They contributed to making the day move by in verses, and the chorus was "See, you're doing it. You don't have give up life to live it. You don't have to forget magical autumn days, alone or with family, no matter where you are."

I can kindle the spirit of those plays (even if they can't repeat) with the memory, and call them out of the spirit world, where they wait. Yes, moments have spiritual qualities, too. They can take on any attributes you can imagine, and some can see them. It is said there are beings made of moments. But that's a slippery concept, until you realize that you're one of them. We're our own aliens, only appearing as we see us from ONE perspective. Not venturing much deeper than the projection, and so not likely to recognize it. But there are those that do, and their job is to teach the others.

It is their voice that tells us about our makeup, and our destiny as well. They often have to speak in parables, to not unhinge minds not too prepared to go tearing after the unspeakable high of superstition, blasphemous only as an incredible waste of time. Time is precious. If it weren't you wouldn't have chosen it so eagerly.

2 comments:

  1. My dear friend,

    may your beautiful Autumm Day Song enlighten all your days and all your life!

    Through your posts, I can see and feel the movement you've been doing with such honesty and strenght, and the loving heart with which you share your learnings and wisdom here. I just want to say thank you for that.

    The blue skies and heavy clouds, in the background and through your words, so dense and alive, touch me with the same intensity and remind me of some words of a great Brazilian writer:

    O correr da vida embrulha tudo.
    A vida é assim: esquenta e esfria,
    aperta e daí afrouxa,
    sossega e depois desinquieta.
    O que ela quer da gente é coragem.
    (Guimaraes Rosa)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm so impressed by what you take away from this place. I honestly don't know what's here until I see it from multiple perspectives. I'm learning that, and again I have you to thank for pointing it out.

    ReplyDelete